Discipleship Course 22
Sunday, July 18, 2021 Evening Service
God’s View of Man
How did God create Adam?
- He created Adam in His image. Genesis 1:26-27, Genesis 11:7, 1 Thessalonians 5:23
- He formed his body (flesh and bones) of the dust. Genesis 2:23, 1 Corinthians 15:50
- He breathed into him the “breath of life”. Genesis 2:7
- The spirit of man gives him physical life. Ecclesiastes 3:21, Job 32:8, Job 34:14-15, Ecclesiastes 12:7
- The spirit of man is God’s candle to give us light. Proverbs 20:27, John 1:4, John 1:9
- Our life is loaned, but the soul is eternal.
- Adam became a living soul. Genesis 2:7
- The soul seeks to know God. Psalm 42:1-2
- What use is a sould that doesn’t seek to know God?
- The soul is like the body in attributes. 2 Corinthians 12:2,
- Luke 16:19-31 - the rich man’s soul had qualities of a body, but it was a soul
- The soul, body, and spirit are different. Hebrews 4:12
- Colossians 2:11-12 - spiritual circumcision, the operation of God on us by Christ where the flesh is cut away from the soul and spirit.
- 2 Corinthians 5:1-8, 1 Thessalonians 5:23, Genesis 2:7, Colossians 2:11-15
Why did God create Adam?
- He created Adam in His likeness for fellowship. Genesis 3:8-9
- He gave him a mind to know God. Romans 11:34, Isaiah 1:18
- He gave him a heart to love God. Hosea 11:8, John 3:16, Mark 12:30-31, Romans 10:9
- He gave him a will to serve God. 2 Peter 3:9, Matthew 18:11, Matthew 18:14, Revelation 22:17
- He created Adam to rule His creation. Genesis 1:26, Hebrews 2:6-8
- To rule the kingdom of God - spiritual kingdom
- To rule the kingdom of Heaven - physical kingdom
- He created Adam to serve Him. Genesis 2:15