Discipleship Course 18
Sunday, June 13, 2021 Evening Service
Prayer is a privilege. It is the ability to “come boldly unto the throne of grace.” Hebrews 4:16
“Pray without ceasing.” 1 Thessalonians 5:17 The point is not that you pray 24/7. The point is that you continue to pray. If you are not eating right this moment, that does not mean you have ceased to eat. If you ceased to eat, you would die (physically). If you cease to pray, your relationship with God will die. 2 Timothy 1:3, Colossians 4:2, Luke 21:36
“Watch unto prayer.” 1 Peter 4:7, Colossians 4:2, Luke 21:36
Prayer can be an abomination to God. Proverbs 28:9
Prayer is an act of worship.
- Adoration - Giving honor to God. Reverence.
- Daniel 9:3-4
- Isaiah 6:1-3
- Job 42:5-6
- Confession - Acknowledging our sins to God.
- 1 John 1:9
- Daniel 9:3-13
- Isaiah 6:5
- 1 Corinthians 11:31
- Resitution - Restoring what was obtained by wrong-doing.
The thief who keeps what he stole has not repented.
- Thanksgiving - Rendering thanks for mercies or favors.
- Philippians 4:6
- Colossians 1:3
- Hebrews 13:5
- Forgiveness - Pardon of an offender.
- Ephesians 4:32
- Hebrews 12:15 - “root of bitterness” is the result of holding a grudge or not forgiving.
- Philippians 3:13
- Matthew 18:21-35